Ramallah (QNN) – 5 June marked the 53rd anniversary of the Palestinian #Naksa, or 1967 six day war, when Israeli occupation forces savagely occupied the Sinai, Gaza, Golan Heights, West Bank and East Jerusalem, displacing 400,000 Palestinians from their homes.
On the anniversary of this day, Palestinians and Pro-Palestine activists from ” Palestine Online, VPalestine, and Palestine Sunbird” widely participated in a Twitter storm rejecting the US plan, under which ‘Israel’ would annex 30–40 percent of the West Bank, and all of East Jerusalem.
The activists also demanded a full Israeli withdrawal from territories ‘Israel’ captured in the 1967 war and the establishment of a Palestinian state with Jerusalem as its capital.
It is worth mentioning that this campaign is in cooperation with Samidoun, Al Karama Group (Spain), and Act4Palestine team from the Gaza Strip.
— Janna Mahmoud (@jannamahmoud3) June 5, 2020
Today marks the 53rd anniversary of #Naksa or the setback. In 1967 Israel took over the parts of historic Palestine it didn't occupy in 1948; Gaza, West Bank, and East Jerusalem. Nearly 400,000 Palestinians were added to 800,000 ones displaced in 1948. #StopSettlements pic.twitter.com/pKvmxQQypA
— Mohammad Nasser🌷🇵🇸 (@MhmdNaser97) June 5, 2020
On the 53rd anniversary of the occupation of East Jerusalem and the rest of the Palestinian and the Arab territories, Palestinians affirm they will continue their struggle against the Israeli occupation and annexation of their land.#Naksa #StopSettlements 🇵🇸🇵🇸 pic.twitter.com/C1fh06skbC
— SALAH SHNAINO (@SShnaino) June 5, 2020
On the 53rd anniversary of #Naksa, it is time for accountability.
— AbdelKarim 🌹🇵🇸 (@KarimNK96) June 5, 2020
The total area of historical Palestine is 27, 000 square kilometers, 78% of which was occupied in Nakba 1948, and the remaining 22% was occupied in Naksa 1967. #Naksa #StopSettlements 🇵🇸🇵🇸 pic.twitter.com/jOHcJEwVrx
— Samarabomustafa🇵🇸 (@samarabomustafa) June 5, 2020
On June 5th, Palestinians mark the 53 anniversary of Naksa when Israeli occupation forces occupied all historic Palestine including Gaza, West Bank and East Jerusalem. #Naksa #StopSettlements 🇵🇸🇵🇸 pic.twitter.com/JYeuVVF3Jg
— rana sami najjar (@ranasaminajjar1) June 5, 2020
On the anniversary of the Naksa, we would like to mention that the Israeli blockade has devastated the Gazan economy, with unemployment now close to 50 percent, and made it virtually impossible for Gazans to travel abroad.#Naksa #StopSettlements 🇵🇸🇵🇸 pic.twitter.com/txtI7fxGQH
— Nurse Olfat (@nurse_olfat) June 5, 2020
What's #Naksa ?
— Palestine SunBird (@PalSunBird) June 5, 2020
Consequences of the six-day war still exist5 as ‘Israel’ still occupies the West Bank and annex Jerusalem and the Golan Heights.
Annexing the West Bank would breach international law and “most likely trigger conflict and instability” in the Palestinian territories.
Source: The inside Palestine.