NewsWorld News

Israeli army upping alert following tensions with Hezbollah

Lebanese-Palestinian borders (QNN)- The occupation state has said it is sending military reinforcements to the northern frontier after the Lebanon-based Hezbollah group threatened retaliation over the killing of one of its members in an attack in Syria earlier this week.

The Israeli army tweeted on Thursday that the move was “in accordance with a situational assessment”.

According to Israeli media reports this afternoon, IOF Chief of Staff Aviv Kochavi held over the past 24 hours several consultations, which resulted in the decision to close transportation axes near the borders with Lebanon and Syria as of 8 p.m. local time tonight, enabling only the passage of military vehicles.

Access to some agricultural areas near the border will also be restricted.

Kuwaiti news site Al Jarida reported this morning that the occupation state had sent a message through Moscow to Hezbollah seeking to deescalate tensions that have risen between the sides in recent days.

Hezbollah operative Ali Kamel Mohsen Jawad, along with four other Hezbollah militants, was killed in an Israeli airstrike near Damascus on July 20.

Hezbollah legislator Sheikh Hassan Ezzedine said during Mohsen’s funeral that “the war between us and this enemy [Israel] will continue and this path that the martyrs have taken with their blood will continue”.

After Syria’s war broke out almost 10 years ago, the occupation state has repeatedly bombed what it claims to be the sites belonging to Iranian-backed militias, including Hezbollah, inside Syria.

Tags
Show More

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Close