NewsIsrael's crimes

For 2nd time, ‘Israel’ freezes administrative detention of 113-day-hunger-striking Palestinian prisoner

Occupied Palestine (QNN)- Israel’s High Court has decided on Thursday to freeze the administrative order for the detention of Palestinian prisoner Kayed Fasfous, who has been on a hunger strike for 113 days, for the second time in two months.

The Palestinian Commission of Detainees’ and ex-Detainees’ Affairs said that Israel’s High Court has frozen, for the second time, the administrative order for the detention of Fasfous as he has been on an open-ended hunger strike for 113 consecutive days in protest against his unfair administrative detention without a charge or a trial in Israeli jails.

32-year-old Fasfous, who is a father of one and from Dura village near Hebron, south of the occupied West Bank, was arrested several times before, the last one was in October 2020.

He has been on an open-ended hunger strike since July 15, 2021 against his administrative detention in Israeli jails without a charge or trial.

On October 14, 2021, Israel’s High Court decided to freeze Fasfous’s administrative detention.

Such a decision does not release Fasfous from administrative detention – it simply freezes the order for the period of his treatment and observation, as his health condition has been deteriorating severely.

The court’s decision also means that the administration of prisons and the Intelligence service are not responsible for his life, and turning him into an unofficial prisoner held at the hospital, under the guardianship of the hospital’s security instead of the jailors.

On October 29, Israeli occupation police and intelligence services broke into the hospital where Kayed is held, prevented doctors from seeing him, and handed him an order to reactivate his administrative detention, sentencing him to a new six-month administrative detention.

Fasfous’s family and relatives are able to visit him at the Barzilai Hospital as a patient, rather than as a detainee, but his family are not allowed to transfer him to any place.

He was held before at the Al-Ramla Clinic, but was transferred to the Barzilai Hospital as his health has worsened.

He lost over 40 kilograms of his weight, and suffers from pain all over his body and might die any moment.

His family said that Fasfous is facing “clinical death” after losing feeling in his lower body and spiking a high fever.

According to his brother, Fasfous was recently transferred into a smaller, windowless and unhygienic hospital room.

Back to top button