In Video and Pictures| Outrage among Jerusalemites following tragic death of 8-year-old boy

Occupied Jerusalem (QNN)- Thousands of Palestinians walked on Saturday in the funeral of Qais Abu Rmeileh (8 years old), which headed from Al Aqsa mosque to Al Yousifiyyeh cemetery.

QNN reporter said that large numbers of native Palestinians took part in the funeral that started following Asr prayer.

The participants chanted slogans, blaming the occupation state and its deliberate neglect of infrastructure in Palestinian neighborhoods.

Qais Abu Rmeileh was lost yesterday afternoon in the village of Beit Hanina in northern Jerusalem. Hundreds of Palestinians kept searching for him until the morning of this day, with total disregard by the Israeli authorities.

The Israeli police did not only neglect to carry out any search efforts but also tried to prevent Palestinians from searching, which led to confrontations that resulted in several injuries and arrests among the locals.

Many were concerned that the story of Muhammad Abu Khdeir may have been repeating itself with Qais Abu Rmeileh, which pushed whole neighborhoods to go to streets, hoping to find the child.

Muhammad Abu Khdeir (16 years old) was kidnapped by Israeli settlers during Ramadhan in 2014. They tortured him and burnt him alive before leaving his body in the woods of Deir Yaseen.

The body of Qais Abu Rmeileh was found inside a box culvert, in which he seemingly fell. Medical teams tried to revive him but he was already dead.

The Palestinian Red Crescent stated that its teams have dealt with nearly 19 injuries among locals, who were attacked by the Israelis during the search operations.

Two divers and three others were wounded as well due to the very cold water.

The National Social Movement held the occupation authorities responsible for the tragic incident because they left a dangerous watershed in a very vital area, which includes schools, markets, and playgrounds, untreated and uncovered without even warning locals.

“If the residents were Jewish, there would have been no such negligence”, the statement added.

Show More

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *